Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nothin' says Lovin', like Prozac in my Oven!

Welcome to Weird Wednesday!

My husband wins the bread and brings home the bacon, but I am the grocery shopper for our household...  We take turns cooking.  As the gatherer for our small tribe, I find myself gravitating toward chicken, as opposed to other sources of meat (Pork is fatty and causes high blood pressure, and Beef...  well, Mad Cow, anyone?)  On occasion, I'll treat the family to cuts of meat, but chicken and fish are our go to for nearly every evening meal.  I am sure that a  lot of you are the same way.  After all, Chicken costs the least, and it is the most filling...  and everything "tastes like chicken," so why not just buy chicken?

However, NYT recently ran an article about the wonderful things they feed those chickens that we all eat...  Arsnic, Benadryl, Illegal Antibiotics, Tylenol, Prozac, Coffee Pulp...  No Wonder we're all getting cancer or dying from H1N1!  (the illegal antibiotics they feed the chickens are out-laws because they are notorious for causing Antibiotic resistant infections.)

Wait a minute!  Didn't I just say the reason I chose chicken was because I was trying to avoid wacky illnesses for which there is not cure?

I am soooooo going organic, from here on out!  You know, cage free/free range/no pesticides....  All those words that mean my chicken will be a bit smaller for the same price.  Why stop at chicken, when I don't know what their putting on/in anything else?  I think I am a new Organic Convert!

Now, if I could just figure out where to get water that's truly fluoride free....  (I mean, how sure are we, really?)
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/opinion/kristof-arsenic-in-our-chicken.html?_r=2&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120405

Governmental Food Conspiracies not enough for you?  How about this Creepy picture.

Quite a while back, I down loaded this picture and used it for an old blog of mine.  While searching for something interesting for Weird Wednesday, I got distracted by the pics. I've up loaded from my phone, and began perusing my own pictures.  In doing so, noticed something that's not quite right with this picture...  Creepy, even.
original image provided by http://www.freefoto.com


And so, I present you, my readers, with the challenge:  be the first to notice the "weird/Creep Out" factor.  (*shivers...  looks away*)

For today, that will be all, I suppose.  However, stay tuned tomorrow for YouTube Thrusday!

Insanely Your's,
V.

No comments:

Post a Comment