Friday, August 19, 2011

First Family Friday Entry

For my first Family Friday Entry, I wanted to post pictures of my family at the small get together we had for my younger brother's 26th Birthday.  Alas, I am having trouble figuring out how to do that with Blogger.  I may end up moving this thing to another forum, if I keep having such issues (I'm quite sure it is me, and not Blogger, but I've gotta find something I can work with).

I have multiple pictures of the event, which took place on Sunday, August 14, 2011 .  Those in attendance were my brother D., his long time gf J., their daughter Tinkerbell, my two sons Jr. and BabyJ, My mother and Me.

D. was not feeling well--a cold?  some kind of sinus related illness--so they didn't stay long after the cake was cut.

Speaking of the cake, mom made one from scratch.  It was deeeelicious!  D.'s fav. kind of cake:  yellow cake, white icing.  There were sprinkles and blue icing as well.  D has gotten so old, that we no longer have enough candles for his cake!!!

Sis-In-Law J. has lost weight, and I envy her!  Jr. and Tinkerbell played, and BabyJ let everyone know just how tired he was.

They took home nearly half the cake, and Mom sent me home w/ half of what was left.  We (the kids and I) went to Sr.'s work that night, armed w/ Krystal burgers and a slice of cake for both him and the one other guy who was working w/ him (slow night).  It was nice for all of us, getting to see Daddy at a time when we normally would just end up missing him.

And that's my post, I suppose.  

Here's a music vid. for you all.  When I think family, I think of my children.  In doing so, I think of the importance of Jesus in their lives.  So, yeah, it's a good video.

http://youtu.be/969X9IC1g2c

Later,
V.

This post was brought to you by Blogger, YouTube, and Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment